Friday, February 25, 2011

And, the Youngest Member of Our Family....

Meet Mason.  Also known as "Mason Malone" or "The Big Woofda."  He is the "baby" of the family (in more ways than one...) He is a little over a year and a half old.  My son called me one day at work and asked if he could get a puppy. I said no: our house was too small for the 3 pets we already had. He asked again. I asked what kind. He said a  Siberian Husky.  I said "Absolutely Not!"  We had a Siberian years ago and they are runners, chewers and shedders. He asked again. He pleaded. I held my ground.  Then the hubby called.  He asked if I was going to let our son get a puppy. I said "Absolutely NOT!!" Especially not a Siberian...they are runners, chewers, and shedders.  Besides, the kid needs to learn some responsibility first before he takes on a dog, because I have enough "taking care of" going on with the other 3 scoundrels we have.  This is what I came home to:

Cute is as cute does I suppose.  Then choas.  I cannot begin to tell you the things he has gotten into and chewed up.  Ahhh...material for another post I suppose.  (And, yeah I know....that's a lot of shoes!)

Anywhohow....Here's Mason all growed up.  And, yup, that's the couch he's laying on.  Same one he kicked Lizzi and Gazoo off of....

3 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Oh, I love them~ so cute~ they have such pretty eyes!
Sweet!
smiles
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful babies you have!! I just love how they make themselves right at home. We volunteer at an animal shelter every tuesday and I just wish for them to all have pictures taken of them just like these......in their new and loving homes. Take Care, keep up the great work on your new blog. ~~~~Cathy~~~

Mary said...

My first pooch was an Alaskan Malamute - Dominic. The big lug slept on the couch too. That is when he wasn't in my bed. Pomeranians are a lot easier to sleep with. :o)