Thursday, October 3, 2013

Angelica Flysquirter, the Witches of Giggleswick, and Other Random Stuff

Happy, Happy, October!!!
One of my favoritest months of all!
In my book, it's the official start of the Spooking Season.
 
And, my season started off in the most wicked sweet way when I received this adorable little fella in the mail.....
 
 
A gift from a wickedly funny little witch named Angelica Flysquirter.....
She is perhaps better known to most of you as Brenda from The Rusty Thimble.  You see, Angelica....er...Brenda and 12 other delightful witches (the "Witches of Giggleswick") recently hosted the first annual Witches of Gigglewick Halloween Bloghop.  Not only did the hop introduce me to some amazing artists who share a passion for all things black and orange, but also thirteen amazing creations were given to 13 incredibly lucky winners...  I believe I was one of the luckiest of them all as I won Angelica's Brenda's adorable pumpkin fella.  
I love him to pieces Brenda!!
  
As for the "other random stuff," hmmmm.....not much is new here.
Autumn has begun to spin her own kind of magic, although this year the colors seem a bit more muted and subdued for some reason.
 



 
 

And how's this for random: I'm back to hooking too.....No....not on the corner Sillies.  If you recall, I used to RUG hook quite a bit, but, uh, well haven't in a long, long, while.  For a few panicky moments I actually forgot where I had stashed my cutter....  Anywho....I need to share this with you to keep me on task because I have to have this completely hooked by the end of next week for a workshop I committed to attending.  Eeek!  If you never see this smilin' lil' Jack again, you'll know what happened (er....what didn't happen....)


Till next time....be good....be wicked good!!

17 comments:

marly said...

I'm outside, a long way from the bathroom, with a cup of coffee, and I read your post's title and the giggles start. Good thing I can still move pretty fast.

The Rusty Thimble said...

Angelica Here, LOL oh Robin if ever in my recent year of mishaps did I need this wonderful post of yours it would be today. Many hugs to you for making me SMILE so big *why of course while I am squirting flies:o)*
I am so so happy that you like your funny little Pumpkin man and I am thrilled that he now resides in Nod, that magical place with you
Hugs my friend
Enjoy that beautiful scenery you have there, simply breath taking
Brenda

Kim said...

Your new pumpkin man is a cutie. But I'm soooo excited you've started hooking again! Maybe that little pumpkin rug will get you "hooked" again. (And off those street corners...LOL)

Anonymous said...

now thats a handsome fella! What a wonderful prize!! Your hooking is coming along beautifully, please stick to the rug hooking, its a little cold for standing on the corner,

Raymond Homestead said...

Whew!...glad to know it's not on the corners! :-) What a very cute pumpkin man!

Primitive Stars said...

We'll Hello there,so nice to see a post from you Robin, Love the sweet prim pumpkin man, great win......beautiful season, love the scenery in Nod and happy to hear your hooking once again, what a cute pumpkin face.....Fall Blessings Francine.

Charmed Confections said...

Hi Robin! It's LeeAnn ... I am now following you. YAY! What a nice post about Brenda and her sweet pumpkin man. I just loved it! It made me smile and I am so happy that you won! Send love and hugs your way!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Robin ~
So happy to see you found your hook. Keep us posted on your progress.
I see you are still a lucky crow.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Prims By The Water said...

Angelica..er Robin's latest creation is bootiful! Hope to see your hooked pumpkin finished. I also have a giveaway going which ends on 10/11 if you want to try to guess the puzzle. Have a great weekend Robin, Janice

Robyn ♥ said...

Oh, I see some orange in those hills!! May be a bit muted but still takes my breath away!
That pumpkin guy is adorable! I just love candy corns too and I see he's holding one! I'd love to check out these wacky witch friends of yours!
You are doing a great job with your hooking, a natural I'd say..;) He's a beaut!
Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Shirlee said...

Glad to see a post from you & especially to hear that you are hooking again! I hope all is well : )

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love your little pumpkin fellow...and how I miss the "turning of the colors"! So happy you are a hooker again...a hard habit to break!
Robyn

Theresa said...

Wish I knew how to hook...one day I will. I have all the tools...just need the time. Your pumpkin already looks lovely my friend!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

How did I miss all of this? yikes, I am under a rock... Love your win! I am hoping to try my hand at hookin this winter!!! OLM

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

What a fun piece you received. Your lil' hooked pumpkin is looking great!

bettyj said...

You were lucky to win that sweet fella. Our leaves are slower here this season too. Maybe they have shut down with the government! Your rug is so nice. I envy all of you hookers!lol

Roberta said...

Catching up a little on blogging friends and just came from Brenda's where she posted photos of some of her snowmen creations. Looks like her fabulous talent extends to pumpkin people as well! Hope your project is coming along--it looks wicked good! ~Roberta