For better or worse, they're here.
We are on the precipice of what is, for many of us, our favorite time of year (even though loathing what follows).
Others (no names mentioned) would more likely prefer to burn the book above.
The days here have been temperate and mild; the nights cool and moonlit.
I don't want to betray October, but Septembers like this just might win my affections.
The skies are that September kind of blue that other months can't quite mimic.
{I don't think the time stamp will show in the photo, but this photo was taken at 1:26 a.m. (don't ask) with no filters, editing, or other alteration.}
The gardens, while tired from the summer's labors, are still lush and enticing in the moonlight's forgiving light.
The last days of September have been busy here and will continue to be full for the next several weeks.
While I've neither hooked nor stitched much (any?) of late, I thought, my wayward mojo might be located at one of Cathy's (Red Barn Rugs) workshops and wrangled home.
Despite the amazingly talented hookers there and inspiring projects, I can't say that my mojo was anywhere to be found, but the hunt will continue.
So as not to leave my hooker friends out there completely disappointed, here a few photos. (Sorry, I wasn't good at actually taking photos of the rugs being worked on. I guess I was too busy scouring nooks and crannies for my mojo.)
{Maria B's rug}
{Maria B started this rug at the workshop and made amazing progress. The design is by Robin Leuschen. Pay no attention to that horse in the background LOL}
The week ahead is a busy one with many appointments and, at its end, I will be heading to the lake for a few short days of hooking with Cathy and a few friends.
And, no, I don't expect to find my mojo up there either.
I've already checked.
Enjoy your last days of September.
%20(Pamela%20Wynne)%202x.jpg)
















13 comments:
I too lost my mojo for rug hooking. I look at my current project and then I decide to stitch...and stitch. Those rugs are amazing and I would never have the patience to hook one that big. I drove almost 2 hours yesterday morning watching the harvest moon set, and when I arrived at my brother's it was just setting but did not turn yellow like I thought it would. September has been a perfect month here and wish October would be the same...but alas it will not. Janice
Sure did enjoy the rug show and cannot wait to see that Eagle finished on her web site. Am sad but not surprised you didn't find your hooking mojo.
Seems to me it has gotten too chilly too quickly. Don't think the feeling of needing heat usually arrives until sometime in October late. But I refuse to turn on the heat just yet.
Your photography is stunning and your way with words is a delight to read so if you feel your creativity is taking a break, hooking or stitching- wise, don't sweat it. You are a woman of many talents.
Good afternoon Robin, hope this day finds you well… I cannot believe it’s the end of September, closing up camp soon makes me blue but we have had a wonderful time here….. Your dreamy photos are always a joy, the Harvest moon was behind clouds here so I really enjoy yours as your so great with the camera… Cathy’s home is beautiful, I love windows and no curtains to cover them are my delight.. the rugs are so amazing, such talent… I’m happy your getting away to the lake, enjoy yours as time there… sending hugs and love, Francine.
I love September. The past few days have been windy and rainy.
How lucky to get with such a talented group. And lucky you hooking at the lake with cathy and friends. Your mojo is right inside you. Let it out!
Cathy
You have such a gift for writing and your photos are always amazing!
One day you will find that elusive mojo. It is sometimes hard to get back.
Thank you for the glimpses in Cathy’s beautiful home.
Isn’t Maria a hoot?
Enjoy your lake time. I am more than a little bit jealous 😘
I hope you have the best time with your chums up at the lake. I'm busily starting my preparations for the festive season. I haven't felt my Christmas mojo since my best friend passed in 2020. But my lovely son and his equally lovely girl are spending Christmas with us this year so I'm going all out :) I will be making some presents and special foodie bits. I'll then be hoping against hope we sell the house for a fresh start in the New Year. We had a couple view the house twice, over 3 hours in total and whilst " they love absolutely everything about the house" they think they might need "more facilities nearby", despite being 10 minutes from two local historical towns. What a palaver.
Beautiful pictures and Kathy's house and her rugs are gorgeous ! Would Love to see her shop and look thru her wonderful patterns and she must have beautiful wools too !
September was really nice until the past few days with rain & wind & cool days . A taste of summer will arrive for a few days , will be nice !
Enjoy hooking with friends and going to your cottage .
You have such a poetic talent with words and write so beautifully and your photos also are breathtaking. You find beauty in the ordinary.
Here our trees are changing colors earlier this Fall it seems.
As I drive around, it takes my breath away.
Like you, I have been wanting my hooking mojo back but not finding the time to even look for it.
Take care, hugs.
Julia
I get your love for September.. It is a magical month indeed..
Where I live, the weather gets bearable only during september..
that is a beautiful picture you managed to click during the night. How did you? (I am more into unfiltered photos these days too. Please keep posting) The rugs are wonderful to look at.. Especially the one in the living room.
I enjoyed looking at the one in the hallway studio too.. First time on your blog. Wishing you a wonderful week!
What gorgeous photos.
It's usually the case that you find what is missing when your search for it stops. If you ignore it, it will come. So enjoy those beautiful rugs and.designs, the shop, the hookers, until mojo decides it's time.
September? When did it ever pass more quickly?
Lovely post. Just now getting to see it. I've been down in the dumps ~ it is the season.
I'm sure you've come and gone to the lake by now but I thought you might find my mojo there if yours wasn't, and send it home. I guess they've run off together. Seeing all the other's lovelies was a treat. Gorgeous rugs! Thank you!
I hope you are having or have had an enjoyable and refreshing time away. This season is a beautiful one in so many ways, every mood sharpened by being more fleeting, more unexpected. Your photographs have captured it perfectly.
Post a Comment