Saturday, April 16, 2011

Country Freckles: Primitives, Antiques & Hooking...What's Not to Love??!

Oh my HECK!! I had some kind of fun yesterday!!
My friend, Cathy, from Red Barn Rugs was teaching a rug hooking "finishing" class yesterday at Country Freckles in Wisconsin Rapids.  Joni from Country Freckles carries some of Cathy's patterns and wools, and Cathy teaches various classes there from time to time.  Yesterday was one of those days, and I seldom pass up a chance to tag along....

Now...I ask - what's not to love about a store that has primitives (furnishings AND decor), antiques, and rug hooking??! Yikes!  Country Freckles is one of my favorite places to go....It's a little hike for us (about an hour and a half away), but WELL worth it.  Soothes my primitive soul just walking in the door.....

Joni graciously let me take some pictures to share with you:










These are a couple of smalls I brought home with me:   :o)

A bunny poke:

Another bunny (a girl can never have too many bunnies...or bears...or birdies....or sheep....or....):


And a little Family Heirloom Weavers tablecover:


And some eggs....ones on the right (the ones on the left are from Wanda at Gatherings...):



If you are ever in our parts, stop in at Country Freckles...Trust me, you're gonna love it! And it's HUGE....What I've shown you is just a smattering of what's in this place.  Holy cow!
Tell Joni "TheCrankyCrow" says "hi"!
The store is located at 1010 8th Street in Wisconsin Rapids (Wisconsin, of course).
Joni also has a blog:

You can see more of her store there!

13 comments:

Becky said...

Robin, You were at Country Freckles on Friday? My husband and I were there on Friday later in the afternoon. That's the first time we've been there and I really loved it. You live in Hamburg, WI? I live in Antigo so we actually aren't that far from each other. Maybe someday we can meet.
Becky at Ginger Creme Hollow

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun! You came home with some great goodies, especially bunny number two!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

BumbleBeeLane said...

Drooling over some of the pics,especially the one with the sheep rug.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Ok, I'll take the dark red cupboard with all the luscious wools in it. You can just have it shipped up here to MA! I'm trapped here with a major cold, so I really appreciate that you took me antiquing today!
Courtney

~Madalynne~ said...

I can see why that shop would be a favorite destination! Love your new bunny. So handsome!

Vicki said...

What a great place! I love the red cupboard and those eggs.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful pics! What a place! I picture me walking thru the door in the same fashion a child jumps into a huge pile of fall leaves...whee-hee! ~*~Lisa

Farmhouse prims said...

What an awesome shop, I love your goodies, I love your bunnies and table square esp. Lecia

Carol Stuck said...

I would have loved to have been along on your shopping trip. Looks like an awesome shop.

Thanks so much for the kind comments you left on my blog post for the mouser giveaway. (Buttermilk Creek Farm) How sweet you are!!!

warmest blessings,
Carol

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Robin, I sent you an email, if for some reason you don't receive it please contact me Lecia123@verizon.net thanks, Lecia

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Hi Robin,
I just found your blog and joined!! :) I'm glad I found it because I sure have enjoyed all of your photos!! This shop is amazing I could shop there all day!! Hope you enjoy all of your Spring goodies. Have a great week.

Spring Blessings,
Dana
www.homespuntreasures.net

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Robin
Love the store~ great pics!!!!So many goodies!!!
Oh, and you took home some great items~ love the Weavers~ and ya know I love the bunnies!!!
Hey gal~ thanks for always stopping by~ your comments just warm my heart~ so kind!!!!
Big hug to you!
smiles
Teresa

Gatherings said...

Looks like you had a good time and thanks for showing my eggs! Your pictures are great!