Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Day at Red Barn Rugs.....

Today I went to my friend Cathy's (Red Barn Rugs) to help her get some patterns, kits, etc. together for a rug hooking show in Milwaukee on Thursday....
I'm fortunate to have such a wonderful resource (and wool-source) (not to mention friend) just 5 minutes down the road, given that we kinda live in the boonies....

Stopped to say "hey" to the sheep at Farmer Brian's on the way:
(Yes, that's still snow on the ground....)



(Not nice to turn the other way when I'm talking to you!  Probably thought I just wanted his wool for felting or something!!)

When I was supposed to be doing patterns, I took some pictures of just a few of Cathy's wonderful rugs to share with you (most were already packed for the show)....These are so much better in person...(For some reason, my camera seems to "over-expose" everything when the flash is on and the photos are too dark without the flash (photography tips welcome, as it is supposedly a very good camera....) so, I apologize for the photographic quality...but you get the gist of her beautiful designs....)

 Tulip House

 Log Cabin

 Eliza

Trusty 

 Kaleidoscope

 Pennies

Floral Scroll

Said good-bye to Mamma & Baby on the way back:


(If you promise not to tell Cathy I was goofing off while I was supposed to be working, I promise to get more pictures of her rugs next time I'm there....) 

9 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

beautiful rugs........
★Linda★

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, what wonderful rugs!!! I can't wait to see more. I was trying to pick a favorite, but can't. I thought kaleidoscope was a small quilt until I enlarged it. That looks like a hard one to hook. I think my fav is the floral scroll.
Are you going to the rug show? How lucky to have such a resource/friend close by.
I can't take a decent rug picture either. I can never get the color correct. Like you said, it's either too dark or with the flash, things are much too bright. I've seen many other complaints, too.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love the rug tour! I need to show my friend Linda the geometric rugs. She loves that style and she'll be blown away by the kaleidocope and the log cabin. Lucky girl to live within a stone's throw of a wool source...sheep and shop!!
Courtney

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

How nice to have a friend so close! Love the rugs you shared and the sheep... even though they were rude to you, LOL...

Blessings, Traci

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Love the pics of the sheep~
The rugs are breathtaking~ beautiful~Wow!!!
Your friend does excellent work!!!( while you are goofing LOL!!!)
thanks for sharing
Teresa

BumbleBeeLane said...

OMG! Love the Eliza does she sell those or just patterns? I don't hook yet.(Wanna try soon)The sheep were sweet.Now get cracking girl...smile..~Amy

~Madalynne~ said...

Gorgeous rugs! I love the Tulip House!

As for your camera issue: I have a Cannon which I used to struggle with. I was in the habit of using the AUTO setting. When I changed to a setting that allowed me to change the exposure, I got much better photos.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Wow! Those are some of the nicest rugs I've seen! Thanks for taking time to share the pics! (love the sheep too) ~*~Lisa

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, cute sheep and perfectly prim looking too.
Wow, impressive rugs... I sure would love to have some of those. Someday:)
Thanks for posting my giveaway.
Carol