Sunday, October 2, 2011

Prims By The Water Scavenger Hunt ~ Clue #5

Yup....EVERYONE beat me tonight....BUT....in my defense....I have a good excuse....I didn't get Old Man Crow's birthday dinner done in time, and he wasn't up for worms again, so I took him out for a wonderful meal....Hey....The Brewers played yesterday (and WON), the Badgers played last night (and WON), the Brewers played again today (and WON again), and the Packers played today (AND WON!!) So....what's a crow to do??? NOT cook!!!

Anywho....

Here's clue # 5:

"You will find me riding
Without my noggin
Tho being on a horse
sure beats joggin'....."

Here's my offering:


 (This awesome painted silhouette in watercolor was done by the very talented Suzanne Davis, a/k/a,  Painter of the Past....from Pear Tree Primitives.....)

And nah, nah, nah, nah....it's MINE!!!

So for those of you who have been hibernating a bit early.....this is part of Janice's Halloween Scavenger Hunt.....It truly is loads of fun (and even more so when I can beat the Lil' Raggedy Angie....)

You can join too.....Just post pictures of your "renderings" of Janice's clues and you could win some of her beautiful hand-dids.....
 Visit her at Prims By The Water for the specifics!!!

Get your spook on.....

:o)







14 comments:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

ha I got my spook on first ...nahnahnah ...but Patti beat us both shes the silent threat :0) Love your pic and yeah you know im jealous ! Happy birthday to the Mr hope today made him NOT CRANKY , I mean all them teams gettin lucky and gettin a win well cant hurt lol Have a great night my Cranky friend!hugs lilraggedyangie

outjunking said...

I do love that picture of yours. When the kids were young I would tell them scary stories and the Headless Horseman was always a hit.
Glad ya'll had a great day and had more than worms on your plates.
Lisa

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Very cool horseman! Love it! Having fun following this hunt through your pics!

Rachel said...

Love your pic ~ I suppose taking the Mr. out for his birthday is a good engough excuse! :O) Happy Birthday a little late to him!

frontporchprims said...

What a neat picture to have. I love black and white silhouette. Glad you are enjoying birhtday's and football games!! What else is fall about? o.k, I can think of tons but football is sure big part. -Steph-

Anonymous said...

I just love that term, "get your spook on", you are so funny,, and clever too, thats a great painting of the headless horseman!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Robin~ neat silhouette~ Happy Late Birthday to hubby~ Hope you both had a wonderful weekend!!!
smiles
Teresa

~Madalynne~ said...

That's a beautiful watercolor. And I bet you were quite tickled when you had the perfect opportunity to show it off :) It really is a gorgeous piece.

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Better late than never, I say!!! Sounds like a great weekend and a happy belated birthday to Mr. Cranky Crow!!!!! Nobody should be "cranky" this week!!!!

Lois

Linda said...

Sounds like fun! I love a good scavenger hunt!!Happy belated birthday to Mr. Cranky!!

1890* said...

****HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr.CRANKY CROW*****
I love your watercolor silhouette *Such beautiful detail! Good Luck in the contest! {{HUGS}}

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wow, you are having a lot of fun with this!
Thanks so much for the b-day wishes for little Addison, your so sweet!
We got some great teams going in this state right now...which is good, takes my mind off of our Governor. hehe!
Adi got a packer cheerleading outfit and a badgers t-shirt as part of her b-day presents.
Hugs and enjoy this weather!
Cindy

myomyohi said...

You guys crack me up!

Suzanne said...

Happy belated birthday to your husband. (Glad you nixed the worm idea!). What a fun scavenger hunt...love all the "clues" you've posted.