Friday, May 8, 2015

Testing......

Do you ever feel like you're being tested?


I know all of us do from time to time....but there are days when I feel like my whole life is one big test......and I'm not doing very well.

So much has happened since I last posted....and so little.  I do not know how to begin this "reunion" so I will just begin...again.

I know I did mention that much of my life has been consumed with an "ambitious" remodel project on our home....
That work is mostly complete...well the "men's work."  Now comes mine....Tending to the unending boxes that have been unloaded from storage (and every single thing that was in the basement and therefore subjected to the Great Flood....'nother story for a 'nother time....).

And leave it to me to end up with a kitchen that was smaller than it was....
What was the point of this again?
Oh yeah....A laundry room (on the main floor)....and a bedroom with a bathroom that doesn't require precarious trips down a spiral staircase in the wee hours.

Yes, I will share photos....at some point....when it's done. HA!
For now, here are just a few random shots:

 Oops....sorry...that's the pool boy... So distracting..... (yeah, we redid the pool/patio too....)

 Master Bath

 Shower

 Laundry Room (like my new wash machine?)

 Frig

(New Dining Room/Old Kitchen)

And the fun continues....
Yesterday we levitated our garage:

And next thing I knew it disappeared.....

The mysteries, pain, and joys of life continue.

I truly wish to thank those of my amazing "followers" (or whatever Blogger is calling you these days) who have stuck with me through all this. I know, in my heart of hearts you were there, and it gave me more strength than you can know.  And to those who sent messages, and those random "wanderers" who found my blog on some walkabout and took the time to email me amazing words of encouragement, I can't begin to express my gratitude.....

~Hugs & Smiles~ The Crow......

8 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Dear Robin,
It is truly lovely to see your post and please know that you have been on my mind at different times, wishing all was well in your world!! All of your many updates are just wonderful and I hope all continues to go well for you!!
Welcome back!! You have been thought of and missed!!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Primitive Stars said...

Oh how I miss you Robin but so happy to see a post. I love the kitchen, frig is fantastic. I would love to help you unpack those boxes for your treasures are wonderful, I love your collections. ... The road of life is hard at times, so many twists and turns but we must stay on it. Know you have many shoulders to lean on, we are here for you, Big Hugs Francine. P.S. Is the pool boy for hire? Yummy!!!

Penny said...

Good Morning, Robin!! So nice to see you back! While I myself don't have a blog, I am one of the many who have followed your's and enjoyed it immensely!! So sorry to learn that life had gotten so difficult for you. So many peaks and valleys in life. Happy to think that things are looking up for you.... Your house looks fabulous! I look forward to seeing more pics along the way!! Blessings, Penny

marly said...

I almost sent a hi yesterday but didn't. Thoughts rarely linger more than a brief moment. But here you are!!! YAY!!! Major remodel is an understatement. Good looking stuff - what a floor in the dining room. Anxious to see more. Welcome back.

Cindy said...

Your renovation is beautiful. Love the frig

HomeSpunPrims said...

So good to see you post Robin. I love all of your changes. A lot of hard work. I have thought of you at different times also. Take care my friend. Big hugs, Lori

Kim said...

Wow, looking good! Oh and when you finish with the pool, send the pool boy my way. Heehee

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Robin - I guess I have been MIA for a very long time as well - I mean from your blog.
I am so sorry I haven't been around but I haven't been around to too many blog friends of late.
I'm trying to make a comeback of sorts.
It's hard because there just isn't enough hours in a day to visit everyone.

Your remodels are wonderful! And you got a first floor laundry!!! It's our dream but in a cape cod the rooms are square and no place to go...so up and down the stairs I go with this horrible bad back and hip...but I'm 'upright' so I'm okay...lol

What happened to your garage????

Oh the pool boy - such eye candy this early in the morning.

Karen