Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Marly Kind of Day....

Nod is a considerable distance from any real form of civilization; so, I do my best to conserve trips to town....
But, I was out of SnowDog food and basic food necessities.  In addition, they are calling for major snow by week's end, and, most importantly, I needed some floss to finish this stitch.


Specifically, I needed DMC 730.

So, I begrudgingly started the journey to town... I decided to go to Walmart, since I could get everything I needed in one place rather than multiple stops.  (I hate multiple stops...)  Or so I thought.


WHAT. The. HECK.

Since when does 738 follow 729?  And look as I might, I saw no little cubbie saying 730 anywhere in sight.  Shaking my head, I picked up skeins of two other colors that I need for a different project and headed to the checkout bewildered.

Then....then....you would not believe what transpired.

As I am placing my groceries on the checkout belt, the cashier asks me if I found everything I was looking for.  I said no, as I handed her the two skeins of floss I had found.... I said I couldn't find the colors I needed in the floss.  I then asked her if she knew of any other place in town that carried floss.  She looked at me and says "Gee, Midwest Dental is just across the way, but I don't know if they have the colored stuff or not....I've only ever seen white."

You can't make this stuff up I tell ya.


25 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Sweet Fancy Moses! It's scary out there!
Robyn

Farm Girl said...

Haha I am laughing and laughing that is a great one. Oh my goodness!!
I wonder where 730 went. Everytime I go to get floss something like that happens. They are always out of 3012,
It has me digging through every place I might have buried thread.
I am glad you are getting some stitching in. Always a great day for that.
Thank you so much for that laugh.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

That was good for chuckle--you are correct--you can't make that up.

Prims By The Water said...

I read this to Bob and we are both in stitches laughing. Even he knows what embroidery floss is. Thanks for sharing. Janice

Lisa Schindler said...

Oh my gosh, that is funny! I've been in a stitchy mood myself lately and have been cross stitching a bunch. I go to the Needle Workshop, even if it is more, not a Walmart fan.

Dicky Bird said...

oh my goodness...help us....

Rugs and Pugs said...

Now that's funny!!!
And you're really stitching??? We need to see more.
Hopefully the weather will pass you by.
Hugs :)
Lauren

bayrayschild said...

LMAO!
I needed a good laugh!

Thank You!
Audrey

Doreen Frost said...

Oh my word..thank you for this mornings laughter. How crazy is that!!!

Wishing you a joy filled day, doreen

susan hemann said...

how ever did you keep a straight face?

Christine said...

Oh this is too funny! How did you keep a straight face or did you buckle up in laughter?
I usually try to buy DMC floss in Walmart as they are quite well stocked and reasonably priced compared to my local dental surgery!! HAha!
Enjoy your stitching - it looks lovely!

kelley said...

yep, an every day thing when working with the public...maybe you could have picked up a few dental pics across the street...they make great rug hooks...

Karen said...

Too funny!!! I have to say I wish I lived far away from civilization. It is scary in there!

Patti said...

Lol! Too funny! I am working on that exact same design as we speak ;) Should I send you some non-dental floss?
Blessings, Patti

Penny said...

Hahaha! You just never know what you'll experience while out and about!

capecodgirl565 said...

Now that is funny, and being Wal-Mart, so very accurate. It never fails, they never, ever have the one floss I need. Thanks for a chuckle to start my day!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Robin,
Oh my goodness!! That is TOO FUNNY!!! A perfect example of "Lost in translation!"
Hope you find the floss you need, but I'm sure it WON'T be at Midwest Dental!!!
Take care my friend, and happy stitching!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Kim said...

OMG........thanks for the laugh. That is awesome. How did you not fall over??

marly said...

I found the same thing at my Walmart and even at Pat Catan's. Certain colors, not even new, are missing. Poor clerk doesn't know much about needlework, but probably has nice teeth. I'll have to remember this if I ever run out of my white Oral-B.

Me and My Stitches said...

Oh my gosh - that is way too funny. What I want to know is what was your response?!

handfulsofwool said...

Busting a gut over this one!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Sweet Crow, oh my but I bust a stitch in my britches!!! Too funny, and I thought I was a pea brain, made my morning Chuckle... Love and hugs Francine.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That's so funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Bama Planter said...

Hey you seemed so sincere about little Anna's painting. I looked her up and $385 plus $40 for UPS would cover the costs. If interested still, let me know. If not, you won't hurt my feelings! Thanks! Marshel at GoneToAlabama@aol.com ( Bamaplanter.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Hahahhahahaha well worth the trip