Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I Didn't Think It Would End This Way....

***Edit 7.30.2021:  This is more than just not being able to access my reading list apparently.  Saundra gave me the bright idea of adding the "Blogs I Follow" gadget to my blog so at least I could see some of the updates.  Not as convenient as the reading list for all blogs, and my gadget would only allow me to add a maximum of 10 blogs, but it would have been better than nothing.  So I added the gadget and guess what happened? Absolutely NOTHING.  The layout shows the gadget was added, but there is nothing on the blog sidebar as you can see.  In addition, I can no longer change my blog header photo.  Seriously? Who did I piss off??

Things have been a struggle these days for many of us, but one of my solaces has been the friendships and diversions I've come to know in blogging.
However, it looks like it's over for me now.

For months I have struggled with posting comments on your blogs....
As you know, I can tend to be a bit loquacious with my written words at least) and, after spending the time to write a comment and hitting "publish," I would inevitably get the following error:


"WHOOPS"??  Really? Trust me, I had a "choicer" word than "whoops" as I would have to retype the entire comment and cross my fingers that it would "take" the second time...or third...or fourth... (I usually never made it beyond 4 before uttering more "choice" words and giving up.)

After a while, I conditioned myself to taking a screen shot of the comment before hitting publish, but I would still end up retyping it....and usually had to change devices or it would just keep happening over and over and over.
Copying and pasting seemed like an option, but I still had the same issue and since I had to change devices, the copied text did not migrate to the other device.

I learned to live with it and usually just walked away for a day or more. (Now you know why I often am the last to comment on posts....)

But, now a new issue has developed:


I am not certain what the rest of you do, but I use my "Reading List" to display new posts from the blogs I follow...and, well, as you can see, nothing is displayed.  If I use the drop down menu (by All Blogs), I can select individual blogs, load them, and see if there is a new post....but that is just not a feasible option when you follow as many blogs as I do.  Yes, I can still post, but it is not fulfilling to me to merely post and not be able to read and comment on your blogs....


I have researched and found no cause, no solution...in fact, no one else seems to be experiencing this from what I can tell.  I have updated all my settings and apps but am experiencing the same issue on every single device.

I have no more things to try.

I have no more patience.

I have to try to figure out how to get a missing box ("3 of 3") containing my bed frame from a place in Milwaukee that doesn't deliver to Nod to which it was sent by the company from which I ordered it (Boxes 1 and 2 were sent to Minneapolis....don't ask...)
I have to try to dismantle, "disable," and photograph a non-working floor cleaner I used twice to the company before they will look at warranty coverage....(Pray tell how one satisfactorily "disables" a floor cleaner that doesn't function?)
I have to photograph a damaged rug that arrived yesterday...
I have to track down some bedding that was supposed to have shipped a month ago...and an order for linen that was shipped 2 weeks ago and was within 2 hrs of Nod, but is now heading in the opposite direction back to the state from which it was shipped.
I have a leaking skylight to get repaired.
I have to try to get someone to give me the results of an MRI I had done over a week ago.
I have to figure out how to redirect the water that is being pumped out of my basement's sump pump so it does not just keep "recirculating" and destroying the landscaping in the process.
I have to figure out how to get a garage door from continually opening/not staying closed before the next round of storms and monsoons hit.

I have no more patience.

I hope this is not a forever goodbye and someday someone messages me and tells me what can be done to remedy it but I have no more breath to hold, so we shall see.  

I hope you know how much I will miss you.
Be well and know I will be thinking of you.

The Cranky Crow

28 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Oh my word! I feel anxious just reading this let alone dealing with it!
I am so sorry this is all happening to you. I do not have the blogger issue you have. I do everything right from the blogger website. I go into blogger on the top of my post that says new post. I don't do anything fancy at all.
I sure hope this is not goodbye I would miss you. Please take some time just for you even if it is just a little walk in the woods.
thinking of you
Cathy

yaya said...

Holy Cow! I understand your frustration as I have tried to figure out why I can't use my website that I would get my backgrounds from and why my whole look of the blog changed. I haven't had the issues you have however. I do hope you will be back as I'm just getting to know you! You asked if I ever visit my brother...your lake neighbor...and I have but not for a long time. It's a long drive for us to get to Wisconsin from Ohio. But you never know! I would let you know if we do get up there. You take care and I so hope this can be fixed!

oldgreymareprimitives said...

I get your comments- don't know if that is after repeated trys or not. I have been signing up for email notifications from bloggers over the past year. I usually check my friends list each day also and have left many on there that stopped years ago but I want to keep their email addresses.

Might i suggest that you visit those gals that you know well that have the same interests and scan their lists to find old friends and join their email lists? It won't save everyone but you might be able to keep your favorites.
As you know I joined followit- very easy and started over getting folks to sign up and I announced on blog and IG

Both blogger and IG have major issues and I fear all our days may be numbered here. Blogger has not been secure for several years so I back up what I can but know it could all disappear in a FLASH.

Numerous broken shit here also- kids coming in for my ex's B-day and will spend one day helping me thank heaven.

all is not lost- revisit in a little while. There are also folks you can pay to help you? IF you want to go down that road- sometimes it is an easy fix..
sending hugs
z

Jean Bee said...

Oh no! What a mess ! I'm sorry you are having all these issues! However, I'd trade places with you! I'm leaving for the hospital in half an hour...I have two kinds of stomach cancer & one is really bad. Today they will remove part of my stomach today to try to get all the "stuff" the bad tumor has left behind...the tumors have already been removed. If they can get all the crap that's left I may not need chemo & radiation. I had stomach czncer in 2007...it must like me since it came back!
Please don't stop blogging...I do so enjoy your posts!

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Oh my dear. I wish I could transport you up and away from all these terrible frustrations. You're having a terrible time and i wish I could help. I'll miss our two way comments, but if you can continue to post, rest assured I will be reading. Nil desperandum ole thing. Sending you much love from Blighty. Jean. x

Kate said...

Frustration big time!! I've had the message shown in your second pic but it was temporary. There are so many blogs on which I'm unable to post a comment that I feel like a "lurker". I, too, think that Blogger's days could be numbered. Sadly, I don't have any sage advice for you to remedy the problems.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’ll miss you. I enjoy your blogs and your comments on mine. You get me. Prayers for a good mri report and answers ...

JustGail said...

Oh dear! I'm not on blogger, but have been having my own issues on WP. I'm resigned to it all being related to outdated software, which can't be updated due to old hardware. Sometimes I will write long comments in a text editor (text edit or notepad) then copy/paste to teh comments form. If things go wrong, at least I don't have to re-write to try again. And if it still won't go, I can save to try later. Good luck with all the other things that need figuring out! I'm not sure which is worse - things going wrong one after the other, or things go wrong all at once and then have all be OK for a while.

Jennie in GA said...

Oh my, I think I might just run away if I were you!! As. Y mother always said, when it rains it pours. I post comments directly from visiting websites, but mine frequently don’t show up and there is no rhyme or reason, so I am not of much help. Hope you don’t give it up, but who really knows where it is going.

Saundra said...

Wow, now I understand the message you sent me and the frustration. As you know I don't use the 'reading' list but rather have my favorite blogs on my side bar which I can readily see who has posted last as it will be at the top. I know that won't help with your comments not going thru but at least will be easier to find your fav blogs.

Jean Bee's comment shook me to my core and immediately my worries became a non-event. She sure put things in perspective for me. And Jean if you are reading this message later, I'm praying for you.

Ms Peppercorn said...

The Gmail I now get to tell me that Marly of Samplers and Santas has posted is now titled “follow.it”. I am assuming that is a change from blogger.com? Is that an option for you? Geez I’d hate to loose another thing that makes getting out of bed less of a chore.

Ms Peppercorn said...

As for the overwhelming items going wrong for you, break them down. Not telling you anything you don’t already know but take a day or two to let them be (if possible) then tell yourself I’m only going to get this one thing done about the damaged rug or whatever it is that you can handle mentally. Usually telling myself to handle small increments quells most of the voices in my head and I actually get the whole blasted problem either solved or I have exploded on the phone enough to accept defeat. I’m totally convinced that people working from home this last year in their pajamas with kids running around has created even worse customer service than we have with Millennials taking over for retiring Baby Boomers. Pissants.

Lady Locust said...

Just read: try turning off add blocker.

Julia said...

You sure have a list of woes. From time to time Blogger gives us some challenges to rattle our brain.

I sure will miss you but give it some time for things to settle down. I've considered quitting several times but took a rest and came back. I sometimes read blogs from Bloglovin but cannot send comments from Bloglovin as I get the same Broken Blogger page as you do so I always send my comments from the reading list.

I sure hope that you get all your purchases delivered soon. I never order things through the web except for a book now and then and from sources, I know very well.

Stop and take a deep breath, it will all come to pass. Focus on the most important thing at a time. You can do it. Good luck.

Hugs, Julia

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Used my Reading List to come to your blog. Have you tried 'clearing your cache' on your computer? I'm not sure what else to suggest. It is frustrating I am sure! Since you probably know the names of the blogs you like most, I am sure you can just type them into your browser and away you go. Hang in there...technology is such a pain sometimes!

NMK said...

Oh my goodness what a nightmare you are experiencing !
I struggle with blogger too , so I gave up posting anything. I get so many weird comments that make me feel like I am getting hacked. Some days they leave 20 dumb comments , so I don't have them posted til I review them .
I hope you return someday soon too .....there has to be a silver linning in all the your woes .....take care

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dear God, ET! I would be jumping off a bridge about now if I were you.
I have had some issues with leaving comments, but usually the 2nd or 3rd try works.
Hugs and prayers that you get all your messes taken care of.
I hope you can figure out the blogger issues. Seeing a new post from you always makes my day.
xoxo

Heritage Hall said...

I was thrilled to see your post and then saddened by your list of woes.... it would cancel purgatory and let you go straight to Paradise when the time comes....I so admire the way you share your
heart and the beauty and wit I find in your musings... I enclose you in a prayer that all will get resolved and that you will continue to regale us with your insights... Technology has made blithering idiots of us on occasion and that is why the greater part of its madness makes it an enemy. Thumb your nose at it and the need to "exchange"
faulty purchases and just contemplate your beautiful surroundings to
count among your blessings. Hope you remain in our midst a long time.
Blessings.

moosecraft said...

Hi Robin- Sure wish I could help! I was wondering if you have ever cleared the cache or reset your browser? This is what I usually do when my computers get weird...

Farm Girl said...

I wish I knew more about blogger. My stuff did that last week, but today as far as I can tell everything is back to normal.
I couldn't see any people I follow earlier in the week.
I would miss your comments, because they always make my day.
I am starting to think that maybe Nod is in Outer Mongolia. That is terrible to order things and no one knows where to take it.
I hope things get fixed up soon. We will be in August soon.
I hope your August is way better than your July.
Sending you a giant hug. O

Lady Locust said...

I wish I was tech-ier. It says to clear your cache & browsing history. Did you do that? How frustrating.

Julia said...

I'm sorry your Reading List still won't update. If I were you, I would have a computer technician fix it for you. Good luck.
Hugs, Julia

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

How horrible, but don't give up just yet. One thing you could do is make a temporary password for your blog and let a blog-savvy bloggie fren take a look (after they promise to save a copy to restore if something goes even more wrong). Another thing is to hire someone on Fivrr to fix it. Please, please don't give up on your blog just yet! Pieces of code get into it due to the Evilnauts at Google's updates, and it can be hard to find and fix. But it's doable!!! As to your other pending tasks -- ! -- QUITE HORRID -- but, do them one by one, as you can. Here's the vegan version of an old saw, and I have it up at work to calm me: "How do you wash an elephant? One bit at a time!"

Prims By The Water said...

OMG Robin, I had the same problem with Blogger and today it finally worked. Now I am now going to spend the rest of the evening catching up on those friends I missed these 4 days. I so hope your issues get resolved too and continue to blog. I would hate to lose another friend. Janice

Penny said...

Oh, I’m sorry you are having such a hard time! I don’t have a blog myself (I never have figured out how to do much on this contraption), but I do love reading others. Yours is one of my favorites! I will miss you if you go away, so I’m hoping things will work out for you, and all of your friends out here in blogger land!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Farmhouse prims said...

Blogger is just not like it used to be, they have made everything so difficult. I know sometimes, it won't even let me leave comments on others blogs. I do cherish the friendships I have made through blogging. I can see why you are frustrated with blogger, they frustrate me too. Hugs, Lecia

basant kumar said...

factorial hundred In the last few days, the “factorial of 100” is one of the top subjects and a lot of maths geeks compute it using voice assistants such as Alexa,