Sunday, December 19, 2021

Christmas Molds

I know I have shared (much of) my Christmas before...
and I have showed (many of) my molds before...
But, I don't think I've done (just) Christmas molds before.
So, why not?
(Blame it on the Reese's peanut butter cups left over from Halloween I was eating..)

I promise the post will be short and sweet (sorry) as for all the chocolate molds I have, I don't have particularly many Christmas ones.  I started collecting chocolate molds long before they were a "thing" and, therefore, still (somewhat) affordable, but, even then, the holiday - and especially Christmas - molds were very spendy.
(In fact, I have so few I am "supplementing" this post with some non-chocolate molds....)

✶✶✶✶✶✶

This first mold is a Santa and sleigh "gang" mold by Eppelsheimer. They are called "gang" molds because they are capable of molding several of the same design simultaneously and are connected together like a chain gang.  (Ok, I made that last part up, but it makes sense, no?) 
Eppelsheimer was the largest manufacturer of chocolate (and ice cream) molds in the United States from 1880 - 1947.

You can see the details of the individual bars in this close up:

Another, newer, unmarked, Santa gang mold.

Below are several individual chocolate molds depicting Father Christmas, Santa, Saint Nicholas, etc. - some marked, some not, all old.  The fellow on the far right is Zwarte Piet or "Black Pete" who is Saint Nicholas's companion or helper in the Netherlands.

This mold (hanging above my cook top) is a cake or pudding mold:

This fellow is technically not a mold at all (but don't tell him).  He's actually a nutcracker (literally and virtually).  He was made by the Godinger Silver Co. and is vintage, but not "old."

A Nordic Ware cake mold:

A tree "gang" mold (lower center of the photo in front of the snowfella - sorry, this is an old photo and wasn't taken for the mold.) (I'm not certain but I am thinking it was used for small/individual cakes?)

And lastly, a very old reindeer cookie mold:

✶✶✶✶✶✶

It's a mold thing.  What can I say?

Carry on with your merry!
🎅🎄🎅

20 comments:

Saundra said...

Oh my gosh my golly, this mold post made me jolly!
Actually it really did and while I would love to replicate one of the Santa ones for a rug design that little reindeer cookie mold melted my heart and wouldn't have been able to eat it as a cookie, lol. As a kid I had a problem eating chocolate bunnies.

Lady Locust said...

Oh, I wish you were closer so I could borrow your Santa's sleigh gang mold and make you some chocolates :-) That would be so fun. I have a large Santa like yours but otherwise just plastic :-( Love that reindeer!
Also, you got your Christmas playlist up and running - yay! It's now at the top of the blog rather down in the corner on my screen anyways.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Holy hell, woman. That is a lot of molds. I have exactly 0 Christmas molds and maybe 2 others total. Sweet collection!!!

Hootin Anni said...

These are incredible!! What a great collection. In fact, this is all new to me and now I want to find some for myself. Antique stores maybe?
You made my day.

acorn hollow said...

Oh my word!!! My heart almost leaped out of my chest on that first mold!!! What an amazing, hooked rug that would make. (I have a one tract mind). I have the little Santa Chocolate mold that is a reproduction all shiny and new, but I love it anyway. What a lovely collection you have, and you should always post it here so I can see it every year!
Merry Christmas
Cathy

Heritage Hall said...

What a great collection of Christmas molds... Is the chocolate
bubbling on the stove and ready to pour? That first mold is a gem.
I have an antique large lamb mold that I use for our Easter coconut
cake, but that is the extent of my molds...except for a few smaller
ones here and there. You prove the art of collecting, Robin.

NMK said...

Wow !!! These are just Beautiful !!! A very special collection !!!!

Prims By The Water said...

These are all amazing Robin. Thanks for sharing these beauties. I wish I had some Christmas molds. Now you have me drooling. Such eye candy! I have a few bunnies, but they do not compare to yours! Merry Christmas my friend! Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

I enjoyed seeing your golden moldies! I have some old lollipop molds but nothing so fine as your collection. I love all of them and gosh, that reindeer mold must be quite ancient.

marly said...

I forgot all about the mold on the tile when I saw your cooktop area. The tile, THAT POT FILLER, the downdraft, the grinder. Oh my.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Such a beautiful and interesting collection, I've never seen anything quite like them.

Jennie in GA said...

What an amazing collection. Molds are not something we see in Southern antique shows and shops, so I am most intrigued with your collection. Thanks for sharing, and a Merry Christmas to you!

susan hemann said...

what a wonderful collection! I have a lamb mold but by the time I thought of collecting molds they were too pricey. I do have some new Nordic ware molds. Oh well, they will be vintage to my grandchildren. lol

Hootin Anni said...

Just popping by after I posted my last blog of the year to wish you all a wonderful holiday season.

Julia said...

My oh my, Robin, what an amazing collection of molds. I've never made chocolate but I certainly would use that first Santa in the sleigh multi chocolate mold for molding shortbread. They would look amazing...
My mother-in-law had a small lamb mold which I just loved years ago but I never got the courage to ask for it. I have no idea where it went. My mother-in-law died years ago.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection.
Hug,
Julia

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Wow, they are all so beautiful! Lucky you to have them in your collection! Merry Christmas Robin!

NRI Lawyer in India said...

Merry Christmas Robin! I would like to posses such collection too. We would like to have it in our attorney office..

Primitive Stars said...

Merry Christmas Eve Crow, I so love your collections and these molds are a real treasure. I love them all! Christmas Blessings Francine🎄❤️🎄

Dicky Bird said...

Your collection is amazing! I didn't know you liked them. I have several too...somewhere...not on display like yours. Happy New Year

Jan Hebert said...

Wow! Going through my emails that I missed and found this, so glad I did Robin! Your collection of chocolate molds is awesome! Hope all is well... Jan in MA (Where we just had our first real snowfall! At least 10"!)