Monday, June 29, 2026

A Week from Now...


A week from now, the hoopla will be over (for the most part).
I have always left my patriotic up until Labor Day anyway but, this year especially, I think the celebration should continue all year long.
(I won't keep my decor out that long because...well, you know, Halloween!)

I said I might try to post more photos of Americana decor and, since it's hotter than blazes outside, I'm wasting time inside and decided to share more.

There are a LOT of photos here so be forewarned. I'll keep the commentary minimal...with just a brief description under the photo if I think it helpful. If you have questions on anything, let me know. I'll be happy to try to respond if not in a direct email or in a reply comment, in a follow-up post.

Not all are the best as the windows and design of my home make photographing entire rooms/areas difficult.  

First off, Janice (Prims By The Water) mentioned she thought she saw a "Chessie and Me" cross stitch pattern. Yes, Janice you did.
It was done several years back and is called 1864 House Sampler.


Back to "other photos" - in no particular order.

{Vintage blue and red transferware nestled among excavated English meat pots and lids}



{"Centennial Eagles" - a design by Tina Woltman - also stitched years ago}

{Old chicken cage hung on my entry wall. I have a very large, funky, folk art Uncle Sam that I replace the Red Robin Farm barn with and sports and add a red, white and blue bunting or banner along the top, but I didn't make that far this year.}

The next two photos are close-ups from the cage:

{My vintage sparkler collection}


{Sculpted clay Uncle Sam on stretcher board with flag (by Folk For All Seasons), Vintage cross-stitched flag in the background and antique betty lamp on the side}




{Saltglaze Uncle Sam in a little niche of my kitchen counter...and, yes, I know the word "coffee" is upside down on the little canister. You know I love misfits.}

{More misfits: Excavated broken bisque dolls and figurines from Germany...well, I added the hat and flag...}

{Another of my folkart Santo-type angels...this one wearing a vintage (WWII era) "We Support Our Sailors" sash}

{Little wagon filled with vintage ammunition caps, poppers, tops, etc.}

{Vintage eagle snow catcher - used to catch snow from falling off roofs - on top of my mom's kraut cutter}





{Vintage Turtle Creek Pottery Plate}


{One of my only two patriotic hooked pieces...so as to not disappoint Saundra}



I'm leaving it at that.

I promise.

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Your displays are eye-fetching. Makes me want to slow down and catch all the wonderful details! You could be an antique store window dresser, ya know!😲 I especially love the Santo style angel with the flag. She's beautiful.

Saundra said...

Nancy was right about you being an antique store window dresser. Or, actually, you already have an antique store in your presence, lol. I love your Betsy Ross hooked canton!
Saundra

Acorn Hollow said...

Such wonderful pieces! That awful heat is due here tomorrow with the humidity.
We have an air conditioner in the bedroom that is it.
Cathy

jabblog said...

I could spend hours browsing the delights in your house. The things that spoke to me the most were the boots. What tales they could tell.

Rugs and Pugs said...

You have such a knack. I love everything. (I had no idea you have so many document sanders!)
Happy 4th. May God bless this great land of outs. We are truly blessed to live here 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

So many wonderful objet d'art, what a feast for the eyes. Your photos always make me feel as though you live in an old folksy antique shop, I love it. I could very easily move in with you :)

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Robin - every display is perfect! You have such a great variety of items and a keen eye - it makes my little displays seem quite lacking! Wow - I had to go back to each photo and zoom in to see the details and get some inspiration. Oh the vintage sparkler collection! This is too much for me to handle - as if the Nomad wasn’t enough, all of these photos make me (say it with me) pea green with envy!

Maureen said...

I ooohed and ahhhhhhed all the way through. In addition to your displays being charming and handsome your picture taking skills really capture the mood of your collections. I am in love with Salt glazed Uncle Sam. I have only seen Santa's and snowmen before. Thank you so much for sharing your home with us.

NMK said...

Beautiful , Beautiful displays !!!! So many wonderful treasures !!! Happy 4th Of July !!!!

marly said...

Good stuff. Sparklers and those magic snakes were what everyone had when I was a kid. I would be tempted to light one. Vintage or not. Fireworks were watched from drive in movie lots and plazas. But now I prefer seeing blog posts of patriotic decor. And earplugs.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Thank you Nancy. Many years ago a neighbor put an "open" sign on my front door and said it looked like an antique store inside. It's funny now I guess, but back then, not so much LOL. Yes, that angel is a favorite of mine...and I have so much fun with her each season.

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOL...thank you so very much Miss Mary. And your displays are definitely NOT lacking. They are the purer, simpler, cleaner...things I strive for but will never achieve. One of my (many) problems is I like too many things...different genres, styles, etc. and cannot keep focus on what I love best. It's like an attention disorder when it comes to anything - and everything - old. I see homes with the simple, clean, displays and I am smitten. Can I ever do it? Nope. Not that I don't know "how," but because I'm not wired that way I guess. And your photos and style remind me of that thing I cannot do...so now who's pea green with envy? ;-)

Prims By The Water said...

Am awestruck. WOW all of your little displays pack such a big punch. Funny how you said they think your home is an antique store, because we often get the same reactions when someone comes into ours...and they use to say it looked like the twin of our own antique store when we carried more primitives in it and actually did displays. Now we are so packed, we can no longer do the displays we once did at the store.
I need to purchase that Chessie pattern yet every small patriotic piece I stitched this year did not get finished into a pillow. Oh well next year hopefully.
Now I am going to go back to your post and scroll up and down the eye candy you provided us all again. Love it ALL!
Janice

Anonymous said...

Good morning Robin, oh my I’m in awe at your decorating and collections. I have always loved the red, white and blue even though I’m Canadian, your displays are beautiful…. I love love the old sparkler boxes, each one so charming. The Angel is amazing, I want to come and look at all your treasures, truly wonderful home you have there.. Thank you for sharing but you leave me wanting more….Happy Fourth my friend, celebrating 250! July Blessings Francine.

Dicky Bird said...

Amazing collections!!!

Betty said...

Thank you for sharing all your lovely things in these last posts. I really enjoyed all of them.

Hill Top Post said...

Wow! This is a post that shouldn't be missed. I love every single thing about it. And the comments too!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Everything looks beautiful!!! Lovely pieces! You have tremendous talent.