Friday, December 21, 2012

The Merriment Chain ~ Day 25: God Rest Ye Merry....

Well, it it is here.  Day 25 ~ the last and final day ~ of The Merriment Chain.

It came with no ting-tinglers, ta-tinkers, who-whoopers, or gar-dinkins....
 Nor even any drum-dinkers, slew-slumpers or flung-foopers.

But here it is nonetheless.


As usual, I am late. 
I came late to the party, and am leaving it late as well.
The latter, partly because it is a bittersweet farewell.

It was a challenge keeping up with posting 25 days in a row....especially with all that is going in on my world right now.

But, what started out as a way to ensure that at least one decoration a day went up transformed into something so much more.
A bond of sorts was forged with those in the chain....much like a real chain, and we all became links dependent on, and strengthening, each other.

I have found much joy in this chain and I hope a little spilled on to all of you who took the time to visit.
For those who have, thank you.  You and your wonderful comments are a gift in and of themselves.

90% of my decorations are now up - yes, even the tree is decorated (and, hey! the lights work!!).  A few (well very few) holiday treats are made, and I burrowed out in time enough today to even do some shopping.
Much more to go, but I'm definitely on my way to "merry."


 As for our wonderful and gracious hostesses, Misi and Robyn, I don't quite know where to begin to thank you.  You've given us all a gift of much more than fun.  It truly has been a gift of "merriment" ~ of the very richest kind.

Wishing you all the gift and light of merriment.  May your hearts and homes be full this Christmas tide....

  

 God Rest Ye Merry.....
 

19 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Yippe Skippy!!!
You made it through ~ you decked your halls and got some things done!!!
Who cares about the baking ~ just added pounds!!!...smile
Beautiful tree by the way!
Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas!
Prim Blessings
Robin

annie said...

Love all you have shared! hugs and blessings, and pounds of good fluff to line your nest, and the other cackle who live with you.
Merry Christmas, Dear Ms. Cranky,but not so much now? eh?

Robyn ♥ said...

Oh sweet Robin, did I NOT say you had a wonderful way with words?! You could have just come on and posted a sentence or 2 and I would have been content to read a Merriment post. Adding your beautiful pictures were icing on a wonderful triple layer cake. Now that you concoured the merriment chain, work on that book we talked about! ;) Love ya girlie! Have a wonderful Merry Christmas! Thank you so much!!!!

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

Thank you thank you.. I have so enjoyed stopping by these past days of December to see your festive progress.. Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas.. Hugs Angi X

Kaisievic said...

You have shown us so many gorgeous ornaments and decorations - thank you so much. Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Mugwump Woolies said...

It's been fun peeking into Christmas at your house! Now it's time to relax...put your feet...and enjoy some nog there in Nod. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Big Christmas hug,
Robyn

p.s. Send me some snow!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful tree. I've enjoyed checking your blog for your latest pictures. Thanks for all the inspiration this year! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Jeanne

Primitive Stars said...

Better late then never dear Robin........wonderful post, such a pretty tree, beautiful prim Angel........Don't want to see the Merriment chain end........enjoyed visiting you daily with all your Christmas goodies..........Wishing you and yours a very Cozy Christmas and all the best in the New Year my friend.......Hugs Francine.

Me and My Stitches said...

I've really enjoyed following along on your progress - thanks for posting all of your wonderful treasures. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Thank you for sharing your Christmas homestead with all of your blogging friends.I have enjoyed it.
I LOVE the Angel....BEAUTIFUL!The Christmas tree ia wonderful.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Tricia XO

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

And you thought you couldn't do it! You did it wonderfully, eloquently, and with cackling charm! Thank you so much for your sweet, supportive comments on my posts. You are so right, Misi and Robyn blessed us all with so much more than a playful game...they blessed us with a bonding and connection that grew over 25 days. Have a joy filled Christmas and I hope you are blessed with a kinder, gentler New Year.---blessings GF--:) Jan

bettyj said...

Robin, oh my. I so enjoyed every visit. You, do have the gift of using words. The Merriment chain was a bonding and every blog I visited made me smile. I have to admit the lights stuck in the mailbox, was the one that made me laugh out loud! Warm Christmas Blessings to you my friend.
betty

Rugs and Pugs said...

Robin ~
I've enjoyed your merriment, every step of the way.
That is an amazing angel!!!
Merry Christmas, dear ET!
Hugs :)
Lauren

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Well Look at you GF! Someone works all to well under pressure! Tree is wonderful! This has been so much fun, yes a challange at times to keep up, but Have loved every minute of it! Merry Christmas!!! OLM

BumbleBeeLane said...

Was really surprised the non blogging "queen" made it through..smile..So happy you did loved visiting with you sweet friend..I've missed a few days but enjoyed the visiting and friendship.Your Santos is beautiful! Hugs!~Amy

Woman Seeking Center said...

Fa-la-la-la-abulously well done Robin!
Amid peril, problems and pressures you created and shared a wonderful window into Nod merriment! Bravo!

Now time for wine and cookies buddy
:-)

If we don't chat before it arrives, happy and merry holidays to you...

Hugs
Issy

Beckyjean said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Robin.

Hugs~Becky

frontporchprims said...

After the first three posts, I asked myself what in the world was I thinking joininig in this chain? It was really hard, but nothing very fulfilling is easy. I have had so much fun bonding with other blogging friends in this way. It has really enhanced the Christmas season. Misi and Robyn had a vision I think. -Steph-

Unknown said...

Wonderful angel! My best wishes to you and yours!