Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday Mutterings

Some people post about "Motivational Mondays..."
Some have "Monday Musings..."
Nah Uh....
Not here....
Here we have Monday Mutterings..
(They don't call me The Cranky Crow for nothing.)

Anyways....on to the "mutterings."

I have really had the urge to pick up my hook and start hooking again, even at the risk of shocking some people with two unthinkable events (resuming blogging AND hooking) in less than as many months.  So, today I unearthed my hooking frame, complete with the last project I was working on still (somewhat) on the frame.  (Has it actually been YEARS???)
But, I was at a complete loss as to where the wool went that I started with.
Hence, Muttering Number 1.

After wasting several hours to no avail in the rogue wool department, I convinced myself to move on. (That one multiple personality of mine sometimes wins out.)  In the process of organizing my someday-to-be-playroom, I had actually found that I had the floss and linen and other "necessaries" to complete a few stitching projects I had had plans for prior to WWR, and had started on them a week or so ago. (Remember the heart box and the squirrel problem??)
So, in the absence of wool, I decided to finish them up.

Yeah, I kind of goobered the finish by clipping too closely in one spot near the bottom.
Hence, Muttering Number 2.

So, on to Muttering Number 3:
I made this sweet little needle keep to go with the goobered box.


Because I have a kitten who is a floss thief, a ribbon addict, and overall kleptomaniac who steals anything and everything that is not glued down (and sometimes even that which is glued down), I tucked the wee little keep safely in my project box, under some patterns, scissors, and such with the intention of giving it one final pressing in them morning.  Or safely so I thought. 
I woke up to Monday and to Gone Girl...GONE.
(It is still MIA, but at least I took a photo so I KNOW I wasn't imagining that I made it.)
:-( 
  
So, muttering all the while, I made cookies.
(A LOT of cookies...with a LOT of chips...5 different kinds of chips in fact....)

I figured I can't mutter with my mouth full.

(I want to thank everyone who has stopped by to visit after my long, unexcused, absence, and for some of the sweetest comments ever.  Unfortunately, a few of you are "no-reply bloggers" or have blogs I cannot access, and therefore I cannot respond to you personally.  But to Winnie who asked if I really do like crows, yes...I ADORE them.  I have a "pet" crow of sorts.... I feed him when I can manage the snow and he comes to sit on the pine tree by the end of the drive and caws to me. I always know it's him...even when he brings a friend or two.  I have named him Poe LOL.) 



13 comments:

marly said...

Love the box! Are those poms or flat trim? The contents are sweet, a great needle case. I had to scroll past the cookie photo at full speed. Make sure Poe gets a few.

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you are feeling better Robin. I had a kitty named Riley who was a floss thief. He is now gone, but I have never found the floss yet. I believe he ate them. Your heat box is so sweet and those cookies....well now I am muttering as I should have made some myself. LOL Janice

Marilyn said...

Love that box, and the needlecase even more!
Great finish.
Marilyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Sweet heart box and needlecase...glad you are back at it...stitching and blogging.
Robyn

Farm Girl said...

You do such beautiful work. I love that box and I am so glad you decided to get back to it. I can't wait to see your hooking.
Your cookies look wonderful too.
Your friend Poe, looks like a nice guy to have around.
I hope you have a lovely week.

Constance said...

I Love the box and the little pin keep. I understand completely about kittens too. I am so glad you are back. I've missed your blog, I'm trying to get back to blogging soon myself.

Take care,

Raymond Homestead said...

Love your beautiful creations! I haven't made anything for quite a while now. I think about it but that's as far as I get!

Winnie said...

Your stitched heart and needle keeper are just darling! Despite the mutterings, it ended up beautiful and whatever the errors, I can't see anything out of place!!

I love your Crow story and I have a CrowFriend and his pal or possibly a mate that visit me pretty regularly too!! I feed them dry roasted peanuts in the shell and they love them. CrowFriend started the "friendship" this past Summer and responds to my chatter when he/she shows up. Sometimes he caws, and sometimes he just preens, stretches his legs and wings while I carry on about how glad I am that he stopped by. Lately, CrowFriend will do this sort of soft Coo to me while he sits on a branch in front of our porch. They are such fun birds and oh so smart and clever!~! This week hubby has been repainting the deck and carport and CrowFriend came and cawed in the tree outside my desk window in the front yard. I fed him and a few friends on the front sidewalk . But he kept calling me until I FIGURED OUT that I needed to feed him the peanuts in the front yard!! I love meeting another Crow Whisperer friend like yourself!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That needlecase is too sweet. Your finishes are perfection.
Did you ever find the wool? Did you order a hook? You really NEED one...lol.

Dicky Bird said...

Oh that pin keep was adorable. I hope you find it. Cookies...5 chips...I'm in! My internet has been giving me a headache....must be all the snow...waaaaa!!!! I've been down the wool rabbit hole as well...it's fun while digging...enjoy the week.

Susan Hemann said...

I appreciate the mutterings... it's nice to think someone else struggles with the good things. I had a cat years ago that was a thief too. I had a group of friends over one day when down came the cat dragging my bra across the living room floor. He was taking it to his secret stash. I wanted to melt into the floor. lol
As for lost studio items, join the club. One of these days I need to make a list of where I put everything.

woolyredrug said...

cookies are always the answer:)

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I am a New Follower to your Blog. I found your Blog through another Blogger. I too have a Blog and it is lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com I hope that you will become a follower of my Blog.

I love your little box and your Needlecase. These are so very pretty.

Happy Stitching :)

Have a Lovely Day :)

Linda K