Sunday, May 30, 2021

Going In Circles And Seeing Stars

Really and truly.
I decided some of the stars were too wonky...even for me.
Soooo, after I finished hooking it, I started reverse hooking a "few" stars.
I thought if I fixed one or two, I'd be happy. (You should be laughing right about now.)
Yet every time I redid one (which is no easy task because it requires reverse hooking the background surrounding the star and "refitting" it around the "new" star), I was dissatisfied with the adjacent star....
So, around in a circle I went...until I realized that this little endeavor had no end.
(And I honestly didn't know where I had started anymore or whether I was redoing stars I had already redone.)

Fortunately, I had a brief moment of lucidness and stopped the madness.

{"13 Stars" by The Tattered Flag)

It still needs to be bound, but it will have to wait until I get the binding material.
(Note to self:  You dislike hooking stars as much as you dislike hooking symmetrical scroll designs....and please don't ever hook in a circle in the middle of design.  And, NO, DON'T redo that too.)

I am not sure what's next.  I'm still frogging the dang eagle, but when that's done, decisions will need to be made.  (Is it just me, or do I sense a theme here??)

*******

There is not much else (good) news here to share, and looking at my camera roll, I see I have taken few photos...so no inspiration there either.
The weather has been fickle.  We had almost a week of freezing temps at night and even snow on Thursday, but there have been a few pleasant days as well.

{Kitties on humming bird watch - I won't show you what happened next LOL}

*******

I won't fumble around any longer searching for something to say, but did want to check in and wish everyone a memorable Memorial Day weekend...full of reflection and a heart filled with gratitude for all who have served and sacrificed and their families who bear/bore much of the pain as well.


Our family has always "expanded" on the traditional Memorial Day observance by treating it as a day to remember all those loved by us who have passed.  Accordingly, the holiday always meant visits to the cemeteries.
Perhaps that's where I will go tomorrow.

*******

One last thing:


If you find it in your heart, I would appreciate prayers for my beloved Snowdog.
 

 

16 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I am sorry to hear about the frogging frenzy with the stars. They look very nice, though. Of course I will pray for Snowdog. I will say a rosary tonight for you and for him. Sometimes, when something is upsetting me, I take the actual item (a letter, a cross-stitch, a bill, etc) with me to a dark church. And I just sit for awhile, and then I take the item to the bank of votives, and have the light shine on them. I don't know if it could work for you, but I feel a lot better afterwards. Not a word or explantion need be said, either.

Julia said...

I think you did a superb job on those stars and the circular hooking. It looks great.

I'm sorry about poor Snowdog. I'll say a prayer for him and I'm still praying for you and your intentions. I too pray the Rosary every day and offer prayers for many people who have asked for prayers.

Have a safe Memorial Day tomorrow. I think it very important to show gratitude for those brave soldiers who have sacrificed so much for their country's freedom which many takes for granted.
Hugs,
Julia

acorn hollow said...

keeping your snow dog in my prayers. So sorry life seems to be heavy right now.
we were 39 on Sat morning making me very nervous about my gardens I have worked so hard in.
I love your stars.
Cathy

oldgreymareprimitives said...

wishing you well <3

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I enjoyed stopping and visiting this morning. Snowdog looks sweet. May Snowdog know
how much he is loved and may your time together be precious🙏🏻

Dicky Bird said...

The stars look great. Yes, I was laughing...your attention to detail is what gives you such a good eye for beautiful things. Yes, the families and mamas who bore/bear the pain. Never thought of it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Linda said...

I think the stars look great.
I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch. On the bright side, I don't think bloggers realize how they brighten the world of others, so please keep in mind the positive effect you have on others even when your world is looking dim. I wish you all the best.

Saundra said...

Unless you rehooked ALL the stars, I don't see any difference as they all look perfect to me. You know Snowdog is in my prayers. Hope you have a safe enjoyable Memorial Day spent doing what makes you happy.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your stars are perfection...as is everything you do.
Prayers for Snowdog.
May God bless the families of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
May God bless our soldiers.
May God bless America.
xoxo

Ms Peppercorn said...

I have prayed that God will be beside Snowdog, will take away any pain, and will strengthen him. I will also pray that God lightens some of your load.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Sending heartfelt love to you and Snowdog. I hope the sadness that surrounds you now will lift soon. Sometimes it's really hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, keeping freinds close will always help.

Hill Top Post said...

What a wonderful post! I love the stars wherever they go. I so understand the sadness and heart break that you are going through.

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love your stars. A great job for sure. I sure hope things get better and prayers are being sent.
Janet

yaya said...

I think your stars look fantastic! I have no talent in the hooking world so I'll just have to admire your work! We usually do Memorial day with the town parade and visiting the cemetery but my recouping from surgery kept us home. Of course I'll send up prayers for you and your beloved Snowdog. Take care!

Jennie in GA said...

Your stars look wonderful to me. I hate hooking stars...because I do it poorly.
Your Snowdog....oh how we wish we could comfort them more. Prayers.

Bhavana Varun said...

Prayers for Snowy. May he be loved and cherished after his journey to heaven, as you loved him on this earth. Praying for strength and healing to your and your family as well.