Thursday, October 24, 2013

13 Days of Halloween Blog Chain: Day 7 ~ My Latest Addition

It's Day 7 of the 13 Days of Halloween Blog Chain hostessed by Robyn of Primlish and Misi of 1890 Gable House MusingsWoo Hoo! I've always liked the number 7.

Since I am the kind who holds onto her treasures, including (especially?) my holiday decorations, most of you who have been with me for a while have already seen much of my Halloween fanfare. It's been challenging to find something you haven't seen before in my home.

But....try as I might to be good, every now and again I find something new (well, if you know me at all, it will actually be old) that I can't imagine living without.

My latest:  These two old Shadowland Candies tins.

These couldn't be more perfect for Halloween!!  And, the company that made these candies hails from not too far away from Nod....
These are oldies....actually dating back to circa 1910.

Now I need at least one more to make it an official "collection." ;o) (Unfortunately, they are not easy to come by.....)



Wishing you a bewitching and beguiling day!!

*******

Oh...and here's the "rest" of the tree for Primlish Robyn....
(Sorry....it has already lost a lot of its leaves....)


14 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Those tins are amazing and so suitable for Halloween!

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Robin, oh those candle tins are amazing, love them so....I am a candle freak, always have one burning when home....thanks for sharing these treasures, never seen any like them....Blessings Francine.

Primitive Stars said...

Oops,, thought I read candles but it's candies, thanks Robin, still love them, Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Very cool tins. I've not seen them before. Great noisemaker collection, too.
OK. How did you do that picture with the girl looking in? I don't believe in that stuff but that looks very convincing!
BTW...I am so impressed that you are posting every day.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Penny said...

Love them, too!! Perfect for Halloween! I'll keep an eye out when out and about just in case I see one for you! Would hate for you to not have an official "collection!"

Willow said...

Great tins and I enjoy the crow decoration that sits on them too :)

Earlene said...

Those are cool!!!
If I see any on my travels I will pick them up for you.
Earlene

prims by olde lady morgan said...

WOOSZERS! I love those canisters!!!! Perfect for the season! OLM

Prims By The Water said...

Wow these are so cool! Never seen these before. Great colors! Janice

Anonymous said...

the candy tins are lovely but I LOVE the crow, thats a beauty!

Cindi said...

Oh nice candy tins...hope you find more to add and have a new collection!
Cindi

Robyn ♥ said...

THANK YOU for posting the full picture of your gorgeous tree!! I seriously stare at them all the time! I almost rear-ended someone while staring at a gorgeous tree while driving!
Your newest collection is very cool!! Why don't they make packaging like they used to???

Roberta said...

Those are beautiful and look to be in pristine condition. You have an eye for those special treasures. ~Roberta

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Never seen any of those ~ they are wonderful though!
I'll keep my eyes open just for you!
Prim Blessings
Robin