Friday, July 10, 2020

Two Jonahs and Not Much Else

I realize it's been a while since I've posted.
Truth be told, I haven't had (and still don't have) much to say.  
I know; surprised, aren't you?
But I'm here...really.


A few have asked after the progress on my whale rug, so I took it off the frame to snap a few photos....only to realize I haven't made much progress at all. (I hate doing letters....)


Liza Bean decided she was going to try to play Jonah and get in the whale's belly....

Then, of course, Jonah II had to get into the picture....literally.


So, as you see, not a whole lot of progress since my last post....and looking now, I think I will be re-doing "Rum"....at least the "M" in it. 
In the pattern version I had seen, the words beneath the whale were not printer-block style like the upper words but in the pattern I received, they are.  And, of course, little things like that can throw me.

*********
We spent the Independence Day holiday weekend at the lake.

This is our little piece of paradise:

(I thought I had shown this previously, but Lauren (a/k/a "GT") says I didn't.  Since she is always correct...just like my husband...here ya go.)

We have an eagle nest right outside our front door, and as I was having my first coffee outside on the morning of the 4th, I looked up and saw this eagle(let):


I believe this is one of the 2 babes born last summer as his/her chest is turning white quite nicely. (Eagles don't attain their full "colors" until about age 4 or 5.)

We had a few friends over, and a friend who is an amazingly talented musician provided us with live entertainment. (I did a very short video to share, but can't seem to get it from FB to blogger....go figure.)

Afterwards, we watched endless fireworks over the lake....it was like having a front row seat to the best show in town.  Truly, you didn't know where to look first. Sorry no photos of those but I was sitting at the end of the dock and don't take my phone or camera there...at night...after a few glasses of Chardonnay.... (I know I'm a disappointment...no music video, no fireworks photos), 

After the company left and the fireworks settled down, the moon came out and did an encore. 

In my book, she steals the show every time.


******

I hope all of you are well and safe and hold tight to peace when and where you find it. 

12 comments:

acorn hollow said...

The moon always steals the show and it was pretty fabulous here. That and the fireflies pretty perfect. A nice piece of paradise you have. It is all about peace in life.
Love your whale.
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your rug is looking superb. Love it! And your getaway is so appealing with the pines and moon. Nature offers such balm.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Moon, moon oh beautiful moon. Always there for us.

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi there. I am working on a rug right now too and I'm also doing letters and I really don't like doing letters either. I feel also like I am making no progress at all. Your rug looks gorgeous. Now you have given me incentive to get going at mine and finish it. Have a great weekend.
Janet

Saundra said...

Looks like your 'island paradise' to me; at least that is how it appears with photo being taken from the other side before arriving via car. Your whale looks wonderful and a wonky letter when all the others were perfectly drawn would drive me up the wall too. Beautiful moonlit lake.

Ms Peppercorn said...

“Sister moon will be my guide In your blue blue shadows I would hide“, Sting (one of my favorites songs, of course). Loved this post. Thank you.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Well...not sure if I have been insulted...lol!
Lovin' your whale rug. I'm not a fan of letters, either.
Your 4th sounded heavenly. Can't believe it has already been a week ago. Where did the week go?
GT

marly said...

Your lake front has a fantastic view. Gorgeous. Fall will be magnificent! But still can't beat a summer moon.

I think there is good progress on the whale since I forgot how much was hooked before.

Enjoy your weekend.

Prims By The Water said...

Well Robin it looks like I dont have the only kitties who like to photobomb. LOL Thy are adorable though. No fireworks anywhere near us this 4th and so miss it. Neighbors did some, but I did not want to get eaten alive by skeeters to watch. Jonah is looking good to me. Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Robin,
I love how your two kitties decided to channel Jonah!! Your whale looks wonderful and it is all about enjoying the process, so enjoy it and we will enjoy it with you and cheer you on!!!! I just love this pattern and would love to know the name/designer if you don't mind sharing!! If you already shared, hope you don't mind a repeat for a forgetful friend!!!
Your lake spot does look heavenly and for those of us who live in the desert, it truly is an oasis!! How I miss the water and being close to it and there is nothing like seeing fireworks over water!!! I do agree that the moon DID steal the show, plus she is so very quiet and dignified, isn't she?? So calming and serene......just what we ALL NEED right now!!!
Keep pulling those loops in your own time and hope you find joy in each one, my friend!!
Take care and keep well~
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Farm Girl said...

Wow what a beautiful place! That moon over the lake is awesome. You have such pretty kitties. I love your rug.
I just got my internet up and running. Yay! I am all moved in and unpacked the last boxes today. I can't wait to start hooking again. I love seeing your progress. It is a lovely rug.
Have a delightful evening/morning if that is when you read this.

Dicky Bird said...

Sounds amazing!