Tuesday, October 13, 2020

More Halloween....

Real original title, eh?
Well, I'm not feeling real "original" today.
What I wouldn't give to sleep like a normal person.
Heck....to sleep at ALL.

 But I digress.
I want to thank everyone for their gracious and kind comments on my previous post....and since there seemed no objection to seeing more Halloween, that's what you're getting.

{This actually IS new this year....my crow one was getting a bit faded....}

There's really no rhyme or reason to how I'm decorating at this point.
As I said, I usually start with my papier mache jacks and apothecary cabinet, then it's what strikes my fancy...or, more likely, which tote I happen to grab.

{Ghoul Gal by Lisa Evans ~ Folk For All Seasons}

I have a bit of a rodent problem.  I just wish someone would tell my cat that they are already dead. Every time I look he has taken them.


{This is my little hearth witch}

It is very difficult to photograph in our house because of how it is configured.
There is a spiral staircase that goes between the living room and the hallway, and there are railings along the hallways, so it seems something is always "in the way" when it comes to photos but, hopefully, you get the idea.

{Sculpted witch on old wooden ironing board....by Lisa Evans of Folk For All Seasons}

{This is at the top of the circular stairway.  Thanks to Lori Rippey of HomeSpunPrims for lending me the pattern.  It was by a pattern by Cheri Payne, a wonderfully talented artist who left us too young and I could find the pattern nowhere.}




{Boxes covered in vintage Halloween fabric}


{Kitchen...The pieces on either side of the refrigerator are again by Lisa Evans of Folk For All Seasons. Hmmmm...I sense a theme here LOL}

{Mohair Bear by Lori Ann Corelis of The Spotted Hare}

{"Scaredy Cat"....Freebie pattern by Lisa Bowles....and hooked by the ever-talented and gifted Lauren from Rugs and Pugs .  I loved it...and her finish on it....so much that I cajoled, begged and pleaded for her to sell it.}

And speaking of hooking, look what I found!  My black jack mat with the braided edge!  Somehow it didn't end up with all my other rugs and mats that were packed away during WWR ("When We Remodeled") and it's been MIA for the better part of 5 years.  And, no, I'm not going to tell you where I found it.


Now, if I could only find my hooking mojo.  But I guess that's ok because I have lots of decorating left to go....so stay tuned for even more Halloween (unless by some miracle I finally fall asleep and sleep until then....)



23 comments:

Saundra said...

Robin, you have a delicious group of Halloween decorations....where to start because I've many to comment on.
First, I love all Lisa Evans pieces you posted, Love that witch hat and maybe next year I'll have to make one of my own and think I've one of those candlesticks I could paint and sprinkle spice on. Adorable fabric covered boxes, did crafty you do those?
Shameless you conniving Lauren out of her wonderful cat and pumpkin hooked piece.
Okay, inquiring mind wants to know if you hooked and did the braided edge to that wonderful last photo. And I'll take a guess and say it was in your closet.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dear god, woman. You have exquisite ta$te. Lisa and Lori Ann. WOW!
Like Saundra said you have so many wonderful Halloween items and display them perfectly.
OMG! Your refrigerator is just wonderful!!! I would love to see more of your house.
And you quilt, too? A woman of many talents.

acorn hollow said...

wow just wonderful! I love the ironing board!
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

You have so many fun decorations and so unique. I miss having our fairs this year, I always try to get some new things for the holiday.

Debbie

marly said...

Ghoul gal and the rats are so cool!! Really good stuff everywhere. And that fridge .....

Sandra said...

Love the rat skeletons Robin, another great idea for MY spooky cabinet, if ever I get around to it.

Robin said...

Love the skeletons and what your cat does. I think mine would do the same. You have an fabulous collection of Halloween decorations. Your home looks awesome.

susan hemann said...

Love your decor! At least your decorations are out! Mine are still in the storage container. Maybe I should take a picture of them in the box and call it a day.lol I miss seeing them as I love Halloween, but I just don't have the heart this year.

The bittersweet is drying nicely! Thank you so much.

I think insomniacs should have a light on their phones so if one of us is up prowling we can at least communicate with each other.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Rhodiola rosea is what a friend swears by for sleep. And she prefers the regular not the one for sleep specifically. But I don’t suffer with that. It would be horrible.
I love the papier-mâché pumpkins from the previous post and the rugs here especially!

Dicky Bird said...

Robin!! I LOVE it ALL! If at whatever time you do find your hooking mojo, we should get to gether and work on stuff. Karen, me, you...and whatever other primitive hookers...ahahhahaha we can find. Make a club. I can't sleep either! I'm up too many times, not just to pee - help - but, I can't seem to fall back to a good sleep pattern. I'm sure it's stupid menapouse!

JustGail said...

You have some wonderful items. I've never seen an old wood ironing board that's been carved AND painted - painted yes but not carved. I'm not sure it would be good or bad if I remember this next time I see an ironing board for good price (SO many projects not yet started already!)

diamondc said...

Robin: I hope you get some rest soon, I know how hard it is sometimes to get a good rest.
Lovely decorating, thank-you for sharing.

Catherine

NMK said...

Amazing , wonderful Halloween decorations & your house looks beautiful !!!

Ms Peppercorn said...

The Lori Ann Corelis pin cushion is so wonderful. I have occasionally window shopped on her site but never treated myself to her wares. Still, it’s fun to see that others have not been able to resist. Or maybe it was a special gift from Mr. Crow? (I make up little stories for myself ☺️) You are so kind to take the time to show us your amazing home. Please don’t stop.

moosecraft said...

Another post full of lovely goodies! You certainly have the best halloween treasures! :-)

Farm Girl said...

Thank you for sharing!!! I think I drooled all over my keyboard, well not really, but I did just love every single thing you posted. I just love that shoe on your sign post. Where on earth did you get that? Did you make it? Awesome. I love how good everything looks in your house. It just made my day to sit and look at it. I may go back and look some more.
I have been MIA as well. I am married to a computer programmer. He decided he was going to figure out Linux. So he took my computer to use to do lots of downloading things because my computer is the only one with a CD thing. Now I am back. So its so nice to see what you have been doing. His office looks like NASA with all of the computers he has in there.
I love, love your Halloween things.
Have a lovely day.

Prims By The Water said...

OMG. I love the swamp root, the rat poison, the halloween boxes, those black and white striped socks, the pumpkin mat...oh love it all Robin, and love how you displayed it all. Alas only one Halloween display in our home this year. Janice

Bama Planter said...

As a descendant of the Towne family ( Rebecca Towne Nurse, Mary Towne Estey, ( hanged in Salem in 1692) sister Sarah ( freed) and my direct ancestor Joseph Towne their brother, I think I'm most inspired by the Witches Apothecary! But it's ALL GREAT !!! Marshel ( Bamaplanter.blogspot.com)

elaine allerton said...

Awesome decorating!!!! Wow,,,, I am impressed,,,,,
so much to look at,,,,
thanks for the tour,,,,

Olde Dame Holly said...

I can't pick a favorite item. The little bear with Hallowe'en ruff is adorable, sitting on the flatty pumpkin. All of it wonderful.

C M Designs said...

Good morning, Love your Halloween decor. Everything is wonderful and so festive.
Just wanted to mention that Aldis, if you have one, has pumpkin for 85 cents a can. Other places more that two dollars.........
Love to read your comments on Santas and Samplers.......She's a great gal.
Charlotte in Va.

Farmhouse prims said...

Love all of your prim deor!!! You are so talented. Hugs, Lecia

HomeSpunPrims said...

Hi Robin, Your quilt turned out awesome! I’m sorry it took me so long to comment. Hugs, Lori