Sunday, October 25, 2020

I Be Like Waiting....

I be like waiting.....


.....waiting for All Hallows' Eve....
....waiting to turn back the clocks (I always feel like I get an extra hour of sleep...but wait, I no longer sleep, so what do I care??)
...waiting for the moon to be full (a Hunter's Moon and a "blue" moon to boot since we already had one full moon this month)....

....waiting for the election to be over....

....and waiting for 2020 to be over.  (Something tells me I am going to regret that last one though...because as bad as it is, we know it CAN get worse....)

I am not quite done decorating yet but, at this "point," it's a bit "pointless"....so I will likely call it done....Unless the snow goes away so I can finish up outside.
For some reason, I feel like I have to have at least some decorations outside for the trick-or-treaters that don't come....

So, here's yet more Halloween:


***

{Dolls by Kimberly Bouffard....They didn't always reside here, but one naughty kitty has a penchant for chewing on wee clay legs and feet.....)

***


***

{Yes, I know "maker's" is not grammatically correct...but the person I paid to make the sign obviously didn't....}

***


***

***

{Punchneedle mat on the wee-est little picnic basket I have ever seen....which was a gift from my "good twin" Lauren of Rugs and Pugs....Thank you again "Sissie" 😉}

***

{"All Nite Long" is actually a complete sheet music piece I had framed...}

***


***
{Vintage noisemakers...I usually display them in a divided tote, just like my twin, but thought I would change things up a bit this year.  Not sure I like it as well...and my tambourines don't stand a chance of fitting....}

***

{More dolls by Kimberly Bouffard (shhhh...kitty hasn't found these yet....) and cross stitched pinkeeps and pillow tucks.}

{What? Doesn't everyone have orange witches and Jack-o-lantern snowmen in their laundry room???}

There are many, many, more things I could photograph, but I don't want to make you tire of Halloween here.

I promise that this blog will be back to its "regular programming" soon.

Have a great new week ahead!

PS....Look what I found!  Hobgoblin grapes! I know some of you have had these for a several years already, but this is a first here in these parts!
Wow...they are everything everyone said they are!!!



19 comments:

marly said...

You have quite a collection for the season. I am so impressed that you remember who created your treasures. What's with the grapes?

I miss my yearly imported chestnuts which I roasted and pigged on (usually seven to ten pounds over the season).

WoolenSails said...

I am dreading winter, I want to keep getting outside so hoping it stays nice this winter.
Love all your decorations and how you display them, mine are all over the place.

Debbie

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Oh Miss Cranky Crow, how I love your posts. So many wonderful witches 🧙‍♀️ I’m inspired to be more creative. Have a smashing All Hallows’ Eve. Sending best wishes from Blighty.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Did you make the orange and black bunting? So nice. Thanks for the walk down Halloween Lane.

Dicky Bird said...

I agree with all the ladies above, what a wonderful collection! I agree with all of the first part too! Waiting ... here too.

Saundra said...

What a delightfully entertaining post including the witch walking top photo. Love all your decorations, particularly the skeleton sitting at the typewriter. I have family skeletons in my closet but won't share them, lol.

Hope your snow issues end soon.

Ms Peppercorn said...

I love seeing more of your decorating. The sheet music makes me want to frame some items for next year that I’ve been meaning to get done. We’ll see how far that intention lasts. Also wanted you to know the change of your blog banner made my heart jump a bit. In my little brain that is me walking in the autumn woods.

Constance said...

Oh my! Everything is so beautiful. I understand about the sleeping, I haven't slept well in years and since my heart surgery I just can't relax at all. I love your decorating. There hasn't been many kids out for Halloween here in years. The crime rate has just gotten so bad and with the developers having bought so may houses in the area and just leaving them empty there just hasn't been a proper Halloween in so long. I really miss the excitement of the kids and their families coming around. I do enjoy your posts so much and I hope the snow will let up soon. Take care and just enjoy your magical decorations!

yaya said...

I'm in love with your decor! Never enough Halloween for my likes! I'm sorry it's already snowing. So far we are good and Saturday looks like a good weather day except our little town always does trick or treat on the Thursday before the 31st. It's suppose to rain on Thursday unfortunately but we will still go in town and check out the Grandkiddos in costume. We never get trick or treaters here in the country. I found another outdoor craft event at one of our parks that will be on Saturday so that will be a good way to celebrate my favorite holiday! I think your twin lives not far from us here in Ohio. I may have to follow her blog too! Have a great last week of October!

Prims By The Water said...

So love your cross stitch pinkeeps. Just perfect! Your spooky decor is so inviting too even though the white stuff put the cramp on your outdoor decor. I cannot even fathom that it will be reaching here in Michigan soon, but Tundra will love romping in the white stuff as Snow dog does too. I too am hoping for everything to be done too. Janice

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Wow! Stunning displays. Makes me nostalgic for when I "did" Halloween. But I thought I was moving so sold all holiday but Christmas and half of that.

It is so bloomin'cold here. I guess our season finally changed, but overnight is harsh.

Happy Boo Day!

Farmhouse prims said...

Love all of your decor, prim perfect. I am like you and have trouble sleeping, and when the time changes I really get messed up. hugs, Lecia

Nicki said...

Everything is so wonderful! Sanderson Sisters? My grandmother was a Sanderson but I don’t hear that name often in these parts. I’ve not tried the grapes so I’ll be on the lookout! I’m not looking forward to the time change at all. My sleeping habits get really messed up! Have a spooky Halloween 🎃

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your decorating is just wonderful. I am so jealous of your talent to display everything perfectly. Plus it helps to have such wonderful items to display! Like Saundra, I, too, have skeletons in many of my closets.

The Burlap Owl said...

I know exactly what you mean...we are surrounded by turmoil!!!
Everything is changing and everything is up in the air! ...The seasons
are moving by way too fast and before you know it ~ it will be 2021!!...
However, I do love the time change...I know I'm one of a handful in the United States that feels this way because most people don't like it ~ but I seem to get more done on Standard Time...
Thank you so much for showing those lovely photos of your home ...I have naughty cats too and have to hide things from them for their own good...so I can relate :0)
~ Happy Halloween!~
~Tina~


Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Hi Robin, thank you for visiting my little ole blog in Blighty. I've answered your cake question on my blog, but just in case you don't see it i thought I would let you know on yours too. So Sainsbury's mixed fruit is a mix of sultanas, currants, raisins and candied mix peel. let me know how you get on, a splash of spiced rum in the mix would be good methinks. Btw hearing Uncle Earl on your playlist sent me rushing to buy the CD for my car travels. I think it must have been the last available copy on earth :)

moosecraft said...

Awesome! Your home is a cozy little haunting! :-)

Farm Girl said...

Hello Robin,
We are almost to your favorite night. I am looking forward to that blue moon too. I am in agreement with your list of what you will be glad of soon. Something weird. On my fitbit, when Covid started they put a thing there so they could track me as well as my phone. I noticed yesterday, both things are now gone. So I am hopeful, that means normal is just around the corner. I also think, maybe we are gonna go red. ;)
I love your decorations. In fact, I love seeing them all. I wish I could decorate like you. Not one of my gifts. Dear Lauren, she is the best.
I am glad I decided to stop by this morning and see what you have been doing.
Its been another blur kind of week for me. Though, I have been hooking some.
Have a wonderful Halloween. We might get trick or treaters. In 20 years we never had one either and we always decorated too. I bet its different this year. I have candy just in case.
I would come to your house to trick or treat. :)
Have a lovely day.
Kim

GeneGribouille03 said...

Belle environnement j'adore bravo pour tous ces petits trésors bon dimanche Geneviève de France